31 October 2010

How to use

If you're just joining us, how this works:

Since tonight sucks, I will write for about an hour starting at midnight on the dot [or close enough to it if I look away], post what I have, then get ready for this day job I'm supposed to have. Then I'll write more when I get home, repeat as necessary.

I will TRY to write in order—from beginning to end, rather than skipping around—but if I hit a large enough writer's block that I can't make something coherent for what reason, I will keep writing an offline copy and update my word count with that. So don't think I'm cheating if it goes up but nothing new's here—I'd just sooner not post fragments and confuse y'all.

It is highly unlikely I will finish a chapter in a single day. The first post of a chapter will contain the title, and subsequent posts will be marked "Chapter X, cont." as needed.

I hate spelling things out, because it feels patronizing, but since I'm advertising this on a larger scale than I have in the past, might as well. Also gives me something to do for the next fifteen minutes or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment